March 25th, 2010
Extraordinary entertainer Gene Kelly was an actor, dancer, director and choreographer, who single handedly did more than any other contemporary to influence the evolution of the American screen musical. The American Cinematheque is honoring Kelly's work with a four-night retrospective of eight of his films, from the MGM era to his glorious appearance in Jacques Demy's "The Young Girls Of Rochefort."
Random Hotness >> North by Northwest
Eve: Itís going to be a long night.
Eve: I donít particularly like the book Iíve started.
Eve: You know what I mean.
Roger: Now, Let me think (pause) Yes, I know exactly what you mean.
Posted by CarrieSpecht
- Singin' in the Frame: A Gene Kelly Retrospective at the Aero
- At The New Beverly March 24 & 25: Two John Payne film noirs!
- TCM Backs Campaign to Preserve Site of the Hollywood Sign
- Quentin Tarantino In-Person! Double Feature! Two Nights in a Row!
- Arthur Hiller In Person at the Aero Theatre!
- Once Upon A Time: A Sergio Leone Retrospective at the Egyptian
- Ford Retrospective at the Aero Theatre
- Classic Movies Now Available on Demand
- Egyptian Theatre Unusual Holiday Double Feature
- FREE Year Membership with the American Cinematheque with the Purchase of a Year!
- North By Northwest 50th Anniversary Edition Screened at AFI Festival
- Martin Landau, Mark Rydell and Lyle Kessler Present "The Total Picture Seminar"
- "Iron Giant" Reunion, with Brad Bird and others In Person
- Thrillers! Friday Nights in October on TCM
- Spike Jonze talks about "Where the Wild Things Are"
- Airport Triple Feature at the Aero Theater Saturday, Oct. 17th
- Steven Soderbergh's Guild Screening for "The Informant!"
- Free Movies on the Santa Monica Pier!
- Netflix to screen "The Wizard of Oz" online October 3, 2009... FREE!
- Cinespia at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery presents "Some Like It Hot"
- Cinespia Presents at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery: "Bride of Frankenstein"
- "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" on the Big Screen
- "We Live in Public" gets a distributor and release date
- "The Kids Are All Right" adds Bening, Moore and Ruffalo
- TCM "Latino Images in Film" begins on Cinco De Mayo!
Records 1 to 25 of 451